We Love —
- This Catalonian Modernist gem is a destination in its own right where historical characteristics are combined with eye-catching modern decor to create something truly unique.
- Treat yourself to an exceptional hotel where the chef has been awarded 7 Michelin stars.
- Your hotel is in the heart of Barcelona's historic district where the energetic performers of Las Ramblas & the romanticism of the Gothic Quarter are just steps away.
Customer reviews —
Permanent Collection —
You have not yet found your dream getaway from our holiday deals? Discover our year-round selection of high-end accommodation at public prices from our hotel partners.
The Permanent Collection is a selection of the best high-end properties: luxury hotels, chic boutique hotels and elegant villas ... If you book accommodation through our Permanent Collection, you will receive a voucher for 5% of the total booking amount, to be redeemed on your next Voyage Privé booking. And to make your stay even more enjoyable, we have negotiated two exclusive perks.
Please note: Permanent Collection rates are non-refundable, non-changeable.
Destination...Barcelona, El Raval —
From this area you are just steps from La Rambla, Barcelona's most famous pedestrian strip where sunlit cafes & enticing shops give way to the historical treasures of the Gothic Quarter that date back as far as ancient Rome. This spot is a never ending parade of weird & wonderful characters!
- Las Ramblas: 1min / 130m by foot
- Paca Reial: 4min / 350m by foot
- Güell Palace: 5min / 400m by foot
- Barcelona Cathedral: 10min / 850m by foot
All times & distances are approximate
Your Hotel —
Just for you: A welcome gift
Hotel España, considered a little jewel of Catalonian Modernism, was originally opened in 1859 with the name of Fonda de España and then went on to be refurbished by the celebrated Modernist architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner, in the early 20th Century, with the collaboration of Eusebi Arnau and Ramón Casas.
The restoration project that the hotel underwent in 2010 has brought back the spirit conceived by Domènech i Montaner. The modernist spaces have been refurbished to their original design, and at the same time the hotel has been equipped with the latest in technology, design and comfort.
The rooms at Hotel Espana as chic & stylish as the rest of the hotel, where eye-catching design meets original characteristics.
- Boutique Room (15 - 21m² / max. 2 persons): These exquisitely designed room overlooks the hotel's beautiful courtyard or the historic street.
- Deluxe Room (21 - 26m² / max. 2 persons): Comfort & glamour in one neat package, nothing could represent Barcelona better.
Just for you: A 10% discount in the hotel's restaurant
At Restaurante Fonda España, Martín Berasategui wishes to take old concept of the fonda (inn) and the most traditional style of cooking, and present it with a modern twist. In charge of the ovens of Fonda España is the chef, German Espinosa, with years of experience under the guidance of Martín Berasategui, one of the great chefs of the culinary world and holder of seven Michelin stars.
The restaurant is located in the Modernist dining room originally designed and decorated by Domènech i Montaner, a rich environment where older features enhance and inspire the new.
This rooftop terrace is the place to be in the summer. With contemporary style, eye-catching furniture & an excellent range of cocktails & tapas, this bar welcomes you to an elegant evening with a panoramic view.
Your Journey —
Flights: The flights included are with either a scheduled or no-frills airline and are subject to live availability and prices can change. You can choose your preferred departure times during the booking process. Please select your flight options carefully as departure and arrival airports may differ.
Transfers: are not included.