We Love —
- Be one of the first to stay in this beautifully restored Georgian Manor, opening in August 2017!
- Set in 18 acres of secluded, unspoiled parkland, this elegant new hotel seeks to connect guests with the great outdoors.
- Good food is at the hotel's heart, making the most of Cumbria’s outstanding produce, as well as their own vegetable patch and herb garden.
- Explore the Lake District National Park, and the shores of beautiful Ullswater.
Permanent Collection —
You have not yet found your dream getaway from our holiday deals? Discover our year-round selection of high-end accommodation at public prices from our hotel partners.
The Permanent Collection is a selection of the best high-end properties: luxury hotels, chic boutique hotels and elegant villas ... If you book accommodation through our Permanent Collection, you will receive a voucher for 5% of the total booking amount, to be redeemed on your next Voyage Privé booking. And to make your stay even more enjoyable, we have negotiated two exclusive perks.
Please note: Permanent Collection rates are non-refundable, non-changeable.
Destination...The Lake District —
Another Place, The Lake mirrors its unrivalled location and draws inspiration from the Cumbrian surroundings. On the shores of Ullswater, the second largest – and for many the most beautiful – lake in England, Another Place is positioned perfectly for an adventure in this famously beautiful corner of England.
The Lake District National Park is famous for its stunning scenery, abundant wildlife and cultural heritage. With Cool, clear lakes, tarns, rivers, ancient woodlands and a wealth of wildlife, the Lake District is truly a place to escape to nature and stand in awe of its brilliant surroundings.
All times & distances are approximate
Your Hotel —
This hotel's newer parts are just as in awe of the hotel’s heritage: you will find slate slabs surrounding the pool while the large floor-to-ceiling windows evoke the beauty around you.
Explore rolling grounds, secluded nooks, a walnut grove and the lakeshore...all on your doorstep! Need some time to yourself? Head to the hotel's elegant library and settle down for some quiet time with a good book in front of a roaring fireplace that permeates the air with a wood fires trademark smell.
The 18th century building is being transformed to 40-bedroom hotel with a number of family suites and dog-friendly rooms, as well as fresh, contemporary spaces with views over Ullswater and the fells beyond, some even keep their original Georgian features.
- Standard Room (18m² / max. 2 persons): Located in the original Georgian building, standard rooms contrast historic features with contemporary, bold accents and a soft, seasonal palette.
- Better Room (23m² / max. 2 persons): Inspired their partial lake views, these rooms feature rustic pieces, Lake District tones and herringbone fabrics for a cosy night in.
- Best Room (29m² / max. 2 persons): These generously sized rooms are perfect for relaxed lakeside living, all with stunning views of Ullswater and the fells. Woven throws and cushions add signature pops of colour give each room an inviting feel.
- Suite (38m² / max. 2 persons): Wake up every morning to beautiful views across Ulsswater and the fells beyond. 2 of these suites even feature a balcony, making it even easier to drink in the epic scenery.
- Better Family Suite (35m² / max. 2 persons): All better family suites have a Juliet balcony or patio with gorgeous lake views.
- Best Family Suite (40m² / max. 2 persons): Contemporary and classic at once, and with everything you need at hand, best family suites offer stylish living at its most comfortable.
- Better Family Cottage (40m² / max. 2 persons): Cosy up in a secluded cottage which features an open-plan living / dining area and, of course, pretty views of Ullswater
- Best Family Cottage (40m² / max. 2 persons): Also attached to the hotel is this cottage is perched on a bank overlooking the lake. In addition to its large open-plan living and dining area, complete with wood-burning stove, it has two bedrooms – one double and one twin.
Just for you: 2 x Complimentary Another Place bath & body lotions/creams (hand wash & hand cream duo or salt scrub & massage oil duo, shampoo & massage oil…)
Open-water swimming, sailing, stand-up paddle boarding, cycling, trail running, walking, even skiing on Raise, allow you to explore the stunning location throughout the year...this is heaven for adventurous souls!