We Love —
- Those looking for a truly unique stay in Manchester should choose the effortlessly cool Velvet Hotel, boasting an award winning restaurant
- Manchester is a distinctive and lively city, and with your central location, you are perfectly placed to explore any part of it
- Each individually designed room features opulent interiors with dark and decadent finish.
Permanent Collection —
You have not yet found your dream getaway from our holiday deals? Discover our year-round selection of high-end accommodation at public prices from our hotel partners.
The Permanent Collection is a selection of the best high-end properties: luxury hotels, chic boutique hotels and elegant villas ... If you book accommodation through our Permanent Collection, you will receive a voucher for 5% of the total booking amount, to be redeemed on your next Voyage Privé booking. And to make your stay even more enjoyable, we have negotiated two exclusive perks.
Please note: Permanent Collection rates are non-refundable, non-changeable.
While you're there, visit the National Football Museum, where you can explore the world's finest collection of football artefacts and archives in one of football's greatest cities. Or try the People's History Museum, charting the history of the struggle for equality and democracy in the UK, perfectly reflecting Manchester's radical roots.
And a trip to Manchester isn't complete without popping into the Manchester Cathedral, housing a gorgeous interior with the best late medieval woodwork in the north - the spire and the ceiling are splendid and full of life.
Then, indulge in some of the city's best shopping, absorbing both vast shopping centres and the smaller local markets. Visit The Arndale Centre for your high street favourites, or head to the Northern Quarter, where you can get anything from vintage clothes shops to independent record and book stores, and edgy fashion labels to quirky gift shops.
- Manchester Town Hall & Albert Square: 10min / 900m by foot
- John Rylands Library: 15min / 1.2km by foot
- Manchester Cathedral: 20min / 1.5km by foot
All times & distances are approximate
Your Hotel —
At the Velvet Hotel, the individually-styled guestrooms and suites each exude a rich personality, furnished with inviting beds, sumptuous fabrics and bold wall coverings. In-room spa treatments are available and all rooms are equipped free WiFi, flatscreen TVs and en-suite bathrooms with REN toiletries.
- Velvet King Room (19m² / max. 3 persons or 2 adults): Luxurious Venetian beds, rustic exposed brick or Moroccan tapestries...each room has been individually designed to create a welcoming and decadent retreat.
- Velvet King Room above the bar (19m² / max. 3 persons or 2 adults): These rooms have all the style of the other room with the added ambience of the bar below.
- Balcony King Room (26m² / max. 2 persons): 3 of the hotel's rooms lead onto a private balcony overlooking the iconic canal street.
- Penthouse Suite (28m² / max. 3 persons or 2 adults): These trendy, 2 story penthouses are bathed in light from the roof windows that stretch from one end of the penthouse to the other.
Please note: the bed for the 3rd guest sharing is likely to be a sofa bed or camp style bed.
Just for you: 2 Complimentary Cocktails
A real destination venue, Velvet bar pulls in the pre and post restaurant customers as well as the after-work drinkers and hotel residents. This sumptuous bar has an impressive & extensive cocktail list and a prime pitch for canal-side drinking when the sun's out.
Throughout the past decade and then some, Velvet restaurant’s popularity has continued to increase, with a mixed clientele of locals and visitors to the city co-mingling to create an inclusive ambience. A warm and friendly welcome awaits, once you have taken the ‘walk of faith’ over the glass fish tank cleverly set into the entrance stairs.
The Restaurant matches its memorable design features with a combination of excellent food and eclectic music style and is open throughout the day for a soup and sandwich lunch, small plate selection, a pizza or a twist on classic British comfort food. Weather permitting, customers also have the choice to dine al fresco, canal-side.