We Love —
- Discover the majestic beauty of South Africa and seek out its fascinating highlights on this thrilling self-drive adventure.
- Embark on stunning safaris and revel in the rich wildlife that can be found this part of the country - you've even got a great chance of spotting the Big Five!
- Stay in great locations along the way: first up will be buzzing Cape Town, followed by the gorgeous vineyards of Stellenbosch and the Southern Karoo Highlands.
New Voyage Privé —
Carefully selected by our experts especially for you
Your Destination —
Your Itinerary In Brief —
Day 1: Arrival in Cape Town
Day 2: Cape Town
Day 3: Cape Town
Day 4: Cape Town - Stellenbosch
Day 5: Stellenbosch
Day 6: Stellenbosch - Aquila Private Game Reserve
Day 7: Aquila Private Game Reserve
Day 8: Aquila Private Game Reserve - Cape Town - Departure to UK
Your Itinerary —
During their self-driven tour, our members will follow the itinerary as seen below.
Upon arrival, you'll be met by your Thompsons Africa representative who will assist you to where you can pick up your hired vehicle. Once you've got your car, make your way to the aha Harbour Bridge Hotel & Suites 4* and spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 2 & 3: Cape Town
Spend some time exploring South Africa's most iconic city. Situated at the base of Table Mountain, it is the capital city of the Western Cape. Whether you are looking for history, natural beauty or a cosmopolitan lifestyle, the 'Mother City' has it all. There is such a diversity of attractions and activities you will not be disappointed with your city experience.
After breakfast, make your way to Stellenbosch, where you'll check-in to the De Zalze Lodge 4*. Stellenbosch dates back to 1679 and is the second-oldest wine producing region in South Africa. No more than half an hour’s drive from the cosmopolitan buzz of Cape Town, here there is a relaxed, small-town atmosphere and leisurely lifestyle, no doubt helped by the stunning natural scenery. The views over vineyards, mountains and orchards, offer excellent photographic opportunities and provide a calming respite from the exciting pace of Cape Town. The mild weather and unique territory is ideal for wine-growing and the region has amassed many international awards over the years. Daily wine-tasting and cellar tours are available at most of the numerous vineyards. Many also have restaurant and picnic facilities to spend a leisurely afternoon.
This morning, enjoy your sumptuous breakfast and head off to the Aquila Private Game Reserve, where you will be spending the last 2 nights of your trip. Set in the pristine Southern Karoo Highlands against a backdrop of dramatic mountains, the Aquila Private Game Reserve and Spa offers an exciting taste of real Africa just two short hours from Cape Town by road. Home to an enormous variety of game, including the Big Five, Aquila offers two to three-hour game drives - the perfect way to see wildlife.
Enjoy a tasty breakfast before heading back to Cape Town International Airport to continue on your onward journey. We suggest that you return via South Africa's famously beautiful wine road and indulge in some wine tasting. Discover a relaxed, small-town atmosphere and leisurely lifestyle, no doubt helped by the stunning natural scenery. The views over vineyards, mountains and orchards are simply mesmerising. Drop-off your car at the airport and board your flight home.
Your Tour Hotels —
During their tour, our members will stay at the following hotels.
Just for you:
- Complimentary City Sightseeing Canal Cruise in Cape Town
- 15% Discount on food or drinks at the Canal Café at the aha Harbour Bridge Hotel & Suites 4*
- One complimentary wine tasting voucher per guest for use at the Kleine Zalze Winery in Stellenbosch
- One complimentary bottle of wine per room at the Aquila Private Game Reserve
- Free spa access at the Aquila Private Game Reserve
Stellenbosch: 2-night stay in a Standard Room at the De Zalze Lodge 4* on a Bed & Breakfast Board Basis
Safari: 2-night stay in a Standard Lodge Room at the Aquila Private Game Reserve on a Full Board Dining Basis (breakfast, lunch and evening meal served in the main restaurant - excludes drinks).
All Hotels Sleep up to
Please note: the bed for the 3rd guest sharing is likely to be a sofa bed or camp style bed. If any of these hotels are not available, hotels of a similar standard will be found.
Your Journey —
Flights: You may choose from Economy, Premium or Business class flights on sectors that they operate, at the next stage of the booking process. The flights included are with either a scheduled or no-frills airline and are subject to live availability and prices can change. You can choose your preferred departure times during the booking process. Please select your flight options carefully as departure and arrival airports may differ.
Car Hire: Car hire is included throughout this offer, with pick-up and drop-off at Cape Town International Airport.
- Collision Damage Waiver (zero liability)
- Theft Loss (zero liability)
- Unlimited Mileage
- 1 x Additional Driver
- Third Party and General Public Liability Insurance
- Sandblasting/Water and Undercarriage/rim and Hubcap damage
- Windscreen/ Tyre damage waiver
- Personal Accident Insurance ( PAI)
- Value Added Tax 15%
- Location Surcharge/Tourism Levy
- Claim Admin fee
- in the event of an accident or theft
- Young Driver Surcharge
- 1 X GPS rental