We Love —
- This hotel has been voted 1 of the top 25 hotels in the UK for 3 years running.
- Within easy walking distance to sites such as the iconic British Museum, you are perfectly positioned to explore the cultural highlights of London
- This stylish hotel is housed within a Grade II listed building whose history stretched back to the 1800s
- With highlights such as its tropical beach bar & cosy ski lodge, this carefully styled hotel will delight all year round!
Permanent Collection —
The Permanent Collection is a selection of the best high-end properties: luxury hotels, chic boutique hotels and elegant villas ... you will find them year-round on Voyage Privé. If you book accommodation through our Permanent Collection, you will receive a voucher for 5% of the total booking amount, to be redeemed on your next Voyage Privé booking. The prices of the Permanent Collection match the lowest market rates. They are continually being updated, so you won't find them cheaper anywhere else. And to make your stay even more enjoyable, we have negotiated two exclusive perks.
Please note: Permanent Collection rates are non-refundable, non-changeable.
Destination...London, Bloomsbury —
This leafy part of London is home to many of London's most popular attractions, the jewel in this area's crown is The British Museum which is loved by Londoners and tourists alike, its collection is enormous and you'll be tempted to visit multiple times while the antique shops outside will draw you in with their niche fares.
London's famous pub culture is alive & well in this area: chic cafes and characterful pubs serve a thriving community of students, academics, tourists & professionals while trendy restaurants serving a dizzying variety of cuisines line the streets....so set out and explore!
- British Museum: 3min / 0.2miles by foot
- Oxford Circus: 10min / 0.5miles by foot
- Covent Garden, Leicester Square & Trafaglar Square: 15min / 0.7miles by foot or 10min (3 stops) on the Piccadilly Line from Russell Square Station
- Buckingham Palace: 24min (5 stops) on the Piccadilly Line from Russell Square Station
All times & distances are approximate
Your Hotel —
Just for you: A fruit platter in your room upon arrival
Stylish & casual or bold & elegant, these rooms are a treat for the eyes as much as the body. Each of room has been individually & elegantly designed to create an inviting space to relax after exploring the bustling streets of London.
- Classic Single Room (12 m² / max. 1 person): Upon entering this room you'll find the same assured elegance that can be seen throughout the hotel, softened with homely touches such as your own plush bathrobe and mineral water.
- Classic Double Room (15 m² / max. 2 persons): These rooms, with their high ceilings and luxurious fabrics, capture the timeless elegance of Bloomsbury and its literary heritage. Each room is individually decorated and furnished with hand-crafted furniture, including original bedheads and mirrors.
- Classic King Room (18 m² / max. 2 persons): For more room and even more of The Montague's opulent fabrics and furnishings, choose a beautifully appointed Deluxe King Room.
- Suite Junior (31 m² / max. 3 persons or 2 adults): Each high-ceilinged room is individually decorated. As well as sumptuous fabrics and furnishings, these spacious suites include an evening turn-down, iPod docking stations, a nightly delivery of fresh canapés.
Please note: the bed for the 3rd/4th guest sharing is likely to be a sofa bed or camp style bed.
Just for you: A glass of prosecco upon arrival
The Blue Door Bistro - This is find dining in the heart of Bloomsbury. Rich mahogany panelled walls, contemporary style & large glass mirrors create a sophisticated spot to tuck into a superb a la carte menu.
The Leopard Lounge - No great hotel is complete without a first-class bar & this is The Montague's. It offers the perfect blend of traditional British elegance & Colonial South African inspired furnishings create a cosy hideaway where you can enjoy expertly mixed cocktails.
The Cigar Terrace - With comfortable seating, ample heating & regular cigar tastings, this outdoor terrace is the perfect place to enjoy the finer things in life while looking out over the secluded private gardens of the Bedford Estates.
Afternoon Tea - There's nowhere better to savour a delicious traditional Afternoon Tea than The Montague, overlooking peaceful gardens in the heart of London.
Garden Grill - Peaceful & secluded, this laid back terrace restaurant overlooks the gardens of Bedford Estate, creating mouth-watering al fresco dining during the summer months.
The Beach Bar - Complete with real sand, a beach-hut style thatched roof, coconut and pineapple cocktails, palm trees and more - when the weather's right you'll feel like you're basking in the Bahamas rather than in the heart of central London.
Montague Ski Lodge - Open from Mid November - Mid January this bar is a slice of Apine charm in the heart of London. To help combat the cold and lightly drifting snowflakes, guests can enjoy our delicious candied pecans, mulled wine, winter Pimm's, hot spiced cider, mugs of steaming hot chocolate and big woolly rugs, which will all help to keep you lovely and snug during the long winter nights.