We Love —
- Enjoy Christmas at Sudbury House - a relaxing 4* country house hotel nestled on the edge of the Cotswolds.
- We've included a whole feast of delicious treats, from Afternoon Tea on Christmas Eve to a Bubbly Boxing Day Brunch, all enjoyed in cosy surroundings by the wood-burning stove.
- When you're done with eating, head out to explore the beautiful tranquil countryside - picture perfect villages and rolling hills are on your doorstep!
Customer reviews —
Your Destination —
The booming medieval wool trade brought wealth to the Cotswolds, leaving behind a proliferation of exquisite buildings. In 1966, the region was declared an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). At 790 sq miles, it’s England’s second-largest protected area after the Lake District. Though it extends from north of Chipping Campden to south of Bath, the bulk of it lies in Gloucestershire. More than 83% is farmland but, even so, around 139,000 people live within the AONB itself.
These gentle yet dramatic hills are perfect for walking, cycling and horse riding, criss-crossed by a network of long-distance tracks, most notably the 102-mile Cotswold Way.
Bourton House Gardens 28 miles
Cotswold Wildlife Park & Gardens 10.7 miles
Kelmscott Manor 6.3 miles
Birdland Park and Gardens 21 miles
Your Hotel —
Sat in a lovely location at the edge of the Cotswolds between Oxford and Swindon, Sudbury House has been completely refurbished and renovated (2015) and now offers 4* accomodation and facilities with 49 en-suite bedrooms.
Enjoy a drink in the lounge bar after a long day, or if the weather is fine, dine al fresco on the extensive patio overlooking secluded lush gardens. On site there are two fantastic restaurants, one with an open kitchen and wood burning stove, the other in a Grade II listed building, both serving elegant menus to suit all tastes.
Some services may incur additional charges, payable locally.
Your Room —
This offer is based on a Double/Twin Room
Sleeps up to
Your Board Basis —
This offer is based on a half board stay with afternoon tea included on Christmas Eve and Coffee and Mince Pies on Christmas Day.
You will be treated to the following:
- Enjoy a daily Full English Breakfast in the comfort of your hotel.
- An informal afternoon tea will be served in the lounge from 2pm - 4pm on Christmas Eve
- Dinner will be served in the Magnolia Brasserie from 7pm - 9pm on Christmas Eve
- Lunch will be served in the Magnolia Restaurant on Christmas Day
- Tea, coffee & mince pies will be serve at 3pm in the lounge on Christmas Day
- Sharing boards will be available from 7pm - 8:30pm from dinner & a surprise trio of deserts will be available on Christmas Day
- Bubbly Brunch if you are staying on Boxing Day
Expect a relaxed atmosphere boasting a brand new feature kitchen and wood burning stove - you can watch the talented Chef preparing your meal in front of your very eyes! Menus are available from breakfast through to dinner, including afternoon tea and morning coffee with cakes, with views over the quiet gardens.
Your Journey —
Transport is not included in this offer.
Midway between Oxford and Swindon
Follow signs off the A420 for Sudbury House
Sudbury House is on the left after 1/2 mile
Airports: Oxford 20 miles, Heathrow 70 miles
Railway: Swindon 12 miles
Your hotel's address:
56 London Rd