We Love —
- Spend 2 nights in cosmopolitan Stockholm, before taking an overnight train to the amazing Icehotel in remote Jukkasjarvi - the heart of Swedish Lapland.
- Staying in the Icehotel is a once in a lifetime experience - sleep on cosy reindeer skins to shelter you from the cold.
- This is a winter wonderland experience - book now for the best prices and availability!
Customer reviews —
Your Destinations —
In each, you'll find trend-setting design, inventive cuisine, unbeatable museums, great shopping, pretty parks and loads of atmosphere. The old town, Gamla Stan, is one of Europe’s most arresting historic hubs, all storybook buildings, imposing palaces and razor-thin cobblestone streets....just a few metres from this time capsule, the modern city centre gleams.
Known locally as “Jukkas", this tiny village is a true Winter wonderland, most famed for its unique Icehotel.
Our Offer —
Day 1-2: Upon arrival in Stockholm, you will be transferred via shuttle to your hotel. Overnight in Stockholm.
Day 3: Make your way to the train station to catch your overnight train to Kiruna. Overnight onboard.
Day 4: Upon arrival in Kiruna, you will take a short 20-minute shuttle transfer to the iconic Icehotel in the tiny village of Jukkasjärvi. The rest of the day is free to explore your surroundings or book an optional excursion. Overnight in a 'Warm Room' at neighbouring Kaamos Hotel.
Day 5: Today is free for Winter wonderland activities such as optional husky sledging! You will check out of your Warm Room and into a Cold Room at the Ice Hotel. Overnight in a Cold Room.
Day 6: After check out, you will take a shared shuttle transfer from the Icehotel to Kiruna Airport to catch your flight back to the UK.
Clarion Amaranten Hotel 4* (or similar) —
You will enjoy a 2-night stay in a Standard Room, with Bed & Breakfast.
Modern, relaxed rooms come with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and minifridges. Upgraded rooms add sitting areas and 102-cm flat-screens. Suites offer separate living areas, and family rooms have sofa beds. Room service is available 24/7.
Please note: Some facilities may incur an additional fee, payable locally.
Sleeps up to
Your Board Basis
Please note: some dining outlets/menu items and premium, branded and international drinks may not be included and may incur a surcharge payable locally. Meals, snacks and drinks may be available at selected times only
Night train from Stockholm - Kiruna —
Spend the night in a Private Berth with no meals included.
Breakfast is not included, but it can be bought in the onboard bistro which serves light meals and drinks. It is open from 06:30 hrs until 23:00 hrs. You may also bring your own food and drinks to consume on board if you wish.
Please note: Depending on which train is operating, the compartment may sometimes have its own private facilities but this is not guaranteed. You may bring food and non-alcoholic drinks with you on the train.
Sleeps up to
Icehotel - Jukkasjärvi —
You will enjoy a 2-night stay in an Ice and Warm Room, with Bed & Breakfast.
Just for you:
- Thermal sleeping bag & hot berry juice included in the IceHotel
- Free entry to the sauna in IceHotel
- Guided tour of IceHotel included
When the first snow has sprinkled the whole of Jukkasjärvi with white, artists from all over the world come together in the village to take part in creating the art exhibition of snow, ice and light that makes up Icehotel. The 60 bedrooms are separated into "cold" and "warm" - the warm rooms are part of neighbouring Kammos Hotel, in traditional wooden chalet type houses.
Your Board Basis
The Icehotel restaurant and cocktail bar is warm and traditional – a welcome escape from the sub-zero temperatures. Sourcing ingredients from the local area, expect dishes featuring reindeer, moose, Arctic char and bramble berries, prepared by Michelin-trained head chef Alexander Meier and his team.
The Icehotel Lounge is a cosy space serving light snacks, hot drinks, cocktails and beers. Open from December to April.
The Icebar is a unique place for a pre dinner drink, where everything, including the glasses is made entirely out of ice from the Torne River. The design of the bars is created by known artists from around the world changing from year to year just like the design of Icehotel.
Good to Know —
- Thermal sleeping bags are provided, and guests bring personal thermal underwear to sleep in
- Toilets, showers and storage are located in the warm section of Icehotel, staffed 24 h
- Ice rooms are located in the winter structure, open December to April
- Check in and out of cold rooms is done in Dressing Room, the warm building adjacent to Icehotel
- If staying cold the day before or after, there is 6-7 hours between checking out and getting access to your new room, we recommend you plan activities during this period. We will store and move your luggage on request
- Icehotel is open to the public between 10 am and 6 pm. This means guests sleeping cold get exclusive access to their rooms from 6 pm, and wake-up call is around 7:30 am
- Photography of the rooms is from previous years and for guidance only
- Space on activities and transfers are limited and we advise you pre-book at least three weeks in
- Icehotel Restaurant and the Homestead have fixed dinner sittings, and we recommend you reserve your table in advance
- Ice Hotel is not recommended for children under 7yrs
Your Journey —
Flights: The flights included are with either a scheduled or no-frills airline and are subject to live availability and prices can change. You can choose your preferred departure times during the booking process. Please select your flight options carefully as departure and arrival airports may differ.
Transfers: Shared transfers are included after Stockholm (transfers are NOT included from Stockholm airport to Stockholm hotel.)