We Love —
- The Aquatio Cave Luxury Hotel & Spa is a five-star hotel located in the heart of the renowned Sassi di Matera UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Explore the stunning city of Matera, located in the Italian province of Basilicata - this region is home to ancient grottoes, Baroque churches, and delicious cuisine.
- During their stay, our members will be accommodated in an Upgraded Superior Suite, complete with a choice between a Bed & Breakfast or Half Board basis!
Customer reviews —
Your Destination —
This city is brimming with museums, festivals, and year-round concerts. Visitors can also explore the surrounding neighbourhoods filled with local shops, winding alleyways, and Baroque churches.
Aquatio Cave Luxury Hotel & Spa 5* —
Comprised of a series of historic caves, this hotel is positioned just a few metres from the fabulous Piazza Ridolaand a five-minute walk from Matera Cathedral. It features a beautiful swimming pool set within a tufa cave, a luxury spa centre complete with a sauna and a Turkish bath, and a Mediterranean restaurant with an outdoor courtyard.
Some services may incur additional charges, payable locally.
Your Room —
This offer is based on a Upgraded Superior/Suite/Suite Superior.
Some rooms also have internal routes carved into the walls, with direct access to the hall, restaurant, and spa.
Sleeps up to
Your Board Basis —
This offer is based on a choice between a Bed and Breakfast stay or a Half Board stay (Breakfast and evening meal served in the main restaurant - excludes drinks).
Please note: some dining outlets/menu items and premium, branded and international drinks may not be included and may incur a surcharge payable locally. Meals, snacks and drinks may be available at selected times only.
Your Time —
Just for you:
- One free hour of access to the spa per person per stay (18+)
Guests can also unwind in the luxury indoor swimming pool, located in the largest cave compartment. There is also a range of massage and wellbeing treatments along with numerous relaxation areas, a hammam, and sauna.
Your Optional Excursions —
Our members can choose to add the following excursions at the next stage of the booking process for an additional fee - subject to availability.
Matera Stones Tour
- Departure from the Church of San Francesco
- Panoramic road composed of narrow streets and winding alleys to reach Via Fiorentini
- Rupestrian Church of Sant’Antonio Abate
- Typical furnished cave house
- Via Madonna delle Virtù and Porta Pistoia "Pert P’stèl", in the vernacular of Matera, where there is an open space, a meeting point between the Sasso Barisano and the Sasso Caveoso
- History of the Church of San Pietro Caveoso
- Local craftsmanship
- Piazzetta Pascoli, overlooking the Sassi
Your Journey to Aquatio Cave Luxury Hotel & Spa 5* —
Flights: The flights included are with either a scheduled or no-frills airline and are subject to live availability and prices can change. You can choose your preferred departure times during the booking process. Please select your flight options carefully as departure and arrival airports may differ.
Transfers: It may be possible to add private transfers at the next stage of the booking process for an additional fee (flight inclusive offers only - subject to availability).
For inbound transfer arrangements please confirm with your transfer provider when you arrive. Alternatively, please check with the reception of your accommodation. If you still require assistance, please call the transfer provider directly.
Car Hire: For the freedom to explore your destination at your own pace, Sixt car hire may be added at the next stage of the booking process for an additional fee (flight inclusive offers only - subject to availability and Sixt office opening times upon your arrival).