We Love —
- Enjoy a unique stay in a converted ancient Benedictine abbey and a papal villa of the Renaissance period.
- Set in Colle Val d'Elsa, in the heart of the Chianti area, you are perfectly located to discover the charms of Tuscany from wine tastings to olive picking.
- Members will stay in a stunningly decorated Superior Room, each individually decorated and shrouded in nostalgic allure.
Customer reviews —
Your Destination —
An ideal base for discovering Tuscany’s touristic sites, Hotel Relais Della Rovere is fully surrounded by a spectacular park that spans over 2 hectares – creating a tranquil and private space where guests can walk through nature and history, pore over a good book in the ancient courtyard and revel in the century-old scene of Colle Val d’Elsa.
Renting a car is highly recommended, as there is much to do in the area from sampling wine in the Chianti region to acquainting oneself with Renaissance masterpieces in Florence.
- Piazza Arnolfo di Cambio: 1km / 13min walk
- Colle di Val d'Elsa Cathedral: 1.6km / 24min walk
- Siena: 30.4km / 37 mins
- Florence: 54.6km / 54 mins
- Pisa: 109km / 1h 36 mins
Relais della Rovere 4* —
A beautiful park surrounds the entire building and features a seasonal travertine marble pool where guests can relax and enjoy the charming view of Colle Val d'Elsa, the Town of Crystal. Here you will find total relaxation against a stunning backdrop that seems to jump straight out of an oil painting and come to life before your eyes.
The Relais is equipped with everything you need to make your stay in Tuscany as peaceful and memorable as possible.
- 30 rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
- 24-hour room service
- Outdoor pool (seasonal)
Some services may incur additional charges, payable locally.
Your Room —
This offer is based on a Superior Room.
Sleeps up to
The furnishings, materials and colours used in each room reflect, as much as possible, those originally used in the buildings with terracotta floors and 19th-century antiques.
Please note: the bed for the 3rd guest sharing is likely to be a sofa bed or camp style bed.
Your Board Basis —
This offer is based on a Bed and Breakfast stay.
Just for you: A welcome drink.
The on-site Il Cardinale Restaurant and Wine Bar, run by an external caterer, was converted from the ancient cellars of the Villa. The cuisine reflects the area, with classic Tuscan dishes paired with a wide range of local and national wines.
Your Time —
This fantastic hotel is entirely on-hand to recommend a varied range of activities within the area that revolve around nature, art, history and sports. During your stay, why not try out the following:
- Wine, cheese and oil tastings – Tours of wine and farming estates
- Historical – landscape trekking
- Cultural itineraries: art galleries and the Chianti Sculpture Park, museums, music, works of art and historical-artistic monuments.
- Local crafts itinerary: "Crystal", chocolate, leather, ceramic and terracotta items
- MTB (mountain bike) cycling tours on the via Francigena and in the Chianti region
- Horseback and scooter excursions in the Chianti region
- Hot air ballooning
- Cooking courses
- Special rate agreements with Spas and Adventure Parks
- Grape harvesting and olive picking
Your Journey to Relais della Rovere 4* —
Flights: The flights included are with either a scheduled or no-frills airline and are subject to live availability and prices can change. You can choose your preferred departure times during the booking process. Please select your flight options carefully as departure and arrival airports may differ.
Car Hire: Car hire can be added at the next stage of the booking process for an additional fee (flight inclusive offers only).
Transfers: Private transfers can be added at the next stage of the booking process for an additional fee (flight inclusive offers only).
Distance from Pisa airport to Relais della Rovere: 93.1km / 1h 27mins.