We Love —
- Discover Stockholm, a cultural haven in the snow, and then visit Tromso, one of the northernmost cities in the world.
- Stay at fabulous hotels along the way as you discover life above the Arctic Circle.
- Embark on a 7 day tour of this Winter Wonderland - why not treat yourself to one of our Optional Excursions for a truly special stay?
New Voyage Privé —
Carefully selected by our experts especially for you
Please note that this offer is non-refundable
Your Destinations —
Gateway to the Arctic and the capital of northern Norway, Tromsø also has many cultural sights and excellent restaurants guaranteeing you an exciting stay. Visitors to Tromsø are often surprised to find such a vibrant and cosmopolitan city so far north – here you are a staggering 400km inside the Arctic Circle!
Its corona of snow-topped peaks provides arresting scenery and great snow skiing, with evenings often bathed in the glow of the Northern Lights.
However remote the setting, there is no denying that Tromsø is alive with animated streets scenes, the latest fashions, cutting-edge restaurants and more pubs per capita than any other town in Norway.
Popular areas include:
• Gamla Stan - Stockholm’s original city centre and consists of Stadsholmen island and other islets which are home to the Stockholm Cathedral, the Royal Palace and the Nobel Museum.
• Södermalm - a bustling area lined with retro shops, boutiques, cafe and bars.
• Norrmalm - the major commercial district, with plenty of shopping opportunities. The central railway station and the T-Centralen metro hub are located in Southern Norrmalm; known as City, it is regarded as the absolute centre of Stockholm.
• Östermalm - an affluent commercial and residential area. The part closest to the city centre, around the Stureplan square, is the place for upmarket shopping as well as nightclubs and bars for the jet set and those who seek their company.
• Kungsholmen - an island that makes up the western part of the inner city. On its eastern tip, the impressive redbrick Stockholm City Hall stands by the water. Further west, a collection of rather relaxed neighbourhood bars and restaurants can be found.
Optional Excursions —
You may choose to add the below excursions for an additional fee.
Take a seat in the sled, get to know your dogs, and then enjoy the amazing scenery as the journey begins. Coffee and cake over a campfire included.
Dinner on Ice on Day 5
Meal served in a teepee on the lake around the open fire. Duration: 2.5 hours.
Includes: 3-course dinner.
Be taken by bus on a chase for the magical Northern lights. With good local knowledge, your tour guide will find the best area for the lights and good scenery for your pictures. During the evening your guide will tell you interesting information about the Northern lights, both the science and the folklore. They will also show you how to adjust your camera settings for pictures of the northern lights, and will take pictures of you with the lights for you to take home to show your family and friends. If the weather allows, the tour guides will make a bonfire and enjoy roasted marshmallows.
Your Itinerary —
Arrive at Stockholm Airport. Embark on a shared transfer to the hotel.
Stay overnight at the Clarion Amaranten on Bed and Breakfast Basis.
Day 2: Stockholm - Lulea
Take the Nighttrain from Stockholm to Lulea. First class compartment. Key to the shower and toilet facilities (along the coridor) is hanging in the compartment. Towels can be borrowed from the shower room along the corridor. Depending on which train is operating, the compartment may sometimes have its own private facilities.
Overnight on SJ Train in a 2 bed with wash up basin Private Berth.
Arrive at Lulea. Shared transfer to Brandon Lodge.
2 Nights at Brandon Lodge on Bed and Breakfast Basis.
Day 5: Lulea - Oulu - Tromso
Embark a shared transfer to the airport. The flight is with Arctic Air at 11:10 - 13:05. Each passenger is entitled to 1 piece of 23kg luggage at check in, 1 piece carry-on with a maximum weight of 5kg.
Upon arrival in Tromso you will embark the Coach Airport Express for a shared transfer to Tromso City Centre.
2 nights overnight at Thon Hotel Polar on Bed and Breakfast Basis.
Day 7: Tromso
Embark a shared coach Airport Express transfer from Tromso City to Tromso Airport for your return flight back to the UK.
End of services.
Your Hotels —
Sleeps up to
When you enter this hotel, the flamboyant 60s-inspired design and unique food and beverages leave no room for doubt – this is a very special boutique hotel. The hotel is also located in central Stockholm, in the popular Kungsholmen district, making it easy to explore the city.
The private compartment contains two made up beds and a wash hand basin. A key to the shower and toilet facilities (along the corridor) is hanging in the compartment. Towels can be borrowed from the shower room along the corridor.
Depending on which train is operating, the compartment may sometimes have its own private facilities but this is not guaranteed.
Breakfast is not included, but it can be bought in the on board bistro which serves light meals and drinks. It is open from 06:30 hrs until 23:00 hrs. You may also bring your own food and drinks to consume on board if you wish.
Located on an Island on the coast of Swedish Lapland is Brandon Lodge, a log-timber lodge on the edge of the frozen Bothnian Sea. Big fireplaces with burning fires and log-timber walls make it a perfect winter retreat. The main building is a log cabin that includes a restaurant, a lounge and a relaxation area. Surrounding the log cabin are 15 cabins facing towards the sea.
When you're not exploring the great outdoors you can relax at the hotel where you will find a bar, hot tubs and Lappish tents. Other features include a lakeside sauna and bubble pool.
The Thon Hotel Polar is incredibly central, keeping you in the heart of Tromso - ideal for travellers who want to stay near the main attractions!
Boasting 132 rooms, you can also stay on a Bed and Breakfast basis and enjoy food at the Egon Restaurant. This unpretentious city hotel is the perfect base to explore Tromso from while staying comfortable.
Please note: These accommodations will be allocated by availability. Please note that if your hotel becomes unavailable you will stay in a hotel of equal or similar standard.
Your Journey —
Flights: The flights included are with either a scheduled or no frills airline and are subject to live availability and prices can change. You can choose your preferred departure times during the booking process. Please select your flight options carefully as departure and arrival airports may differ.
Transfers: Shared transfers are included on Day 1, Day 5 and Day 7 as per itinerary
Distance from Stockholm airport to Clarion Amaranten hotel: 48 km / 58 minutes
Distance from Tromso airport to Thon Hotel Polar: 5.5 km / 12 minutes
Looking for more options in Scandinavia? —
Why not have a look at our other flash sales?
Or, discover the Voyage Privé Permanent Collection:
- a large selection of room types and flexibility in departure dates & length of stay
- a voucher for 5% of the total booking amount & two exclusive perks
> View offers now