We Love —
- Grand Hotel Des Iles Borromees 5* is a fabulous Art Nouveau style property offering elegant rooms, opulent decor and state-of-the-art spa facilities.
- Located on the shores of enchanting Lake Maggiore, you can enjoy breathtaking views from the hotel - add on car hire to explore the beautiful region even further.
- Our members can indulge at the hotel's vast wellness centre, highlights include multiple pools & state-of-the-art facilities.
Customer reviews —
Your Destination —
Borromean islands - 10 minutes by boat
Home to the Borromean Palace and fisherman's houses alike, the three Borromean islands and their lavish gardens are a 'must see' when visiting Stresa. On the islands of Bella and Madre, there are sumptuous palaces and rare plant gardens where peacocks, parrots and pheasants roam wild against an exotic backdrop reminiscent of faraway lands.
In contrast, the Isola dei Pescatori is famous for the charming simplicity of its old fishing village, which is considered one of the most picturesque spots on Lake Maggiore
Please note: Parks on the Borromean islands and the palaces close on October 23rd.
Villa Taranto Botanic Gardens (15km)
A spectacular example of a labour of love, undertaken by Scottish office Captain McEacharn in 1931. He created an exemplary English garden to remind him of home, which has today flourished to include a vast array of rare tropical foliage. A must for keen gardeners!
Mottarone is known as the 'Mountain of the Two Lakes' thanks to its strategic position between Lake Maggiore and the equally beautiful Lake Orta. Take an exhilarating cableway trip to the summit to enjoy a superlative view of the Lake and the majestic Alpine chain.
Grand Hotel Des Iles Borromees 5* —
This prestigious 150-year-old hotel is one of the best in the area. Its privileged positionaffords it, from almost every angle, breathtaking views of the splendid Borromeo Islands, the surrounding mountains and the lake itself. The interiors are as striking as the views - oozing opulence and old-world glamour at every turn. The beautiful & extensive grounds include a tranquil Japanese Garden, two swimming pools & acres of manicured lawns.
Some services may incur additional charges, payable locally.
Your Room —
This offer is based on a Garden View Room (20-22m²) or a Lake View Room (22-24m²).
Garden View Room
Sleeps up to
Lake View Room
Sleeps up to
Your Board Basis —
This offer is based on a Bed and Breakfast stay.
Our members who are staying for 3 nights or longer may choose to upgrade to a Half Board stay (Breakfast and evening meal served in main restaurant - excludes drinks) at the next stage of the booking process for an additional fee.
You may also choose to include a set dinner or lunch at the next stage of the booking process for an additional fee.
Just for you:
- Welcome Hemingway cocktail
Restaurant Il Borromeo has been certified as “safe” for gluten intolerant by AIC (Associazione Italiana celiaci).
- Some dining outlets/menu items and premium, branded and international drinks may not be included and may incur a surcharge payable locally. Meals, snacks and drinks may be available at selected times only.
- The Half Board supplement is for two adults only. Children and babies can pay locally, depending on consumption.
Your Time —
Just for you:
- Access to the indoor and outdoor pool, spa and gym
At the Centro Benessere Stresa, the hotel's luxury spa, you can choose from an extensive menu of treatments encompassing beauty, nutrition and general wellbeing. The staff favour approaches that cater to the needs of the patient, ensuring a personalised and unique experience.
The wellness centre is equipped with:
- Sauna and Turkish bath
- Indoor warmed pool with hydromassage area
- Two outdoor pools
- Cardio fitness gym Technogym™
- Kinesis Stations gym Technogym™
- Complimentary use of robe, towels and slippers
- Relax room with a selection of herbal teas
- Possibility to organise an excursion with the Personal Trainer to enjoy the surrounding woods
- Possibility to organise a cooking demonstration with the Executive Chef who will introduce you to the secrets of healthy and Mediterranean cuisine.
Your Journey to the Grand Hotel Des Iles Borromees 5* —
Flights: The flights included are with either a scheduled or no-frills airline and are subject to live availability and prices can change. You can choose your preferred departure times during the booking process. Please select your flight options carefully as departure and arrival airports may differ.
Transfers: It may be possible to add private or shared transfers at the next stage of the booking process for an additional fee (flight inclusive offers only - subject to availability).
For inbound transfer arrangements please confirm with your transfer provider when you arrive. Alternatively, please check with the reception of your accommodation. If you still require assistance, please call the transfer provider directly.
Car Hire: For the freedom to explore your destination at your own pace, Sixt car hire may be added at the next stage of the booking process for an additional fee (flight inclusive offers only - subject to availability and Sixt office opening times upon your arrival).