Hawkwell House hotel is close enough to Oxford for you to dream of the Spires, and just far enough off to ensure peace and quiet. Located in Iffley, on the outskirts of Oxford, this hotel is approximately a 20 minute walk along the river into Oxford. The Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty has something for everyone, including beautiful English villages, a wealth of National Trust stately homes and gardens, and for children, the Cotswolds Wildlife Park and Gardens.
Things to see and do include:The River
- As the Wind in the Willows says, “there is absolutely nothing half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats”, and there is absolutely nowhere half so much worth doing it as the rivers at Oxford. Swindon Designer Outlet
- Is housed in the beautifully renovated Grade II listed buildings of the Great Western Railway Works and is one of the largest covered designer outlets in Europe.Ghostly Entertainment
- You are cordially invited to join Bill Spectre’s Ghost Trail on Oxford’s only theatrical ghost tour. Every Friday and Saturday night, the costumed theatrically trained actor with the aid of props, illusions and volunteers will lead you through the darker side of Oxford on this fun and entertaining tour.The Nightlife
- It goes without saying that Oxford is brim full of bars, clubs, pubs, restaurants and theatres to satisfy the party animal in you. Hawkwell House is only a 5 minute taxi ride to the city centre yet away from the noise of the city. Natural Beauty
- The Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty has something for everyone, including beautiful English villages, a wealth of National Trust stately homes and gardens, and for children, the Cotswolds Wildlife Park and Gardens. Oxford Castle Unlocked
- Oxford Castle – Unlocked reveals Oxford’s less well known history, one that’s rich with tales of great escapes, betrayal and even romance – all within the walls of this ancient castle and prison.Hinksey Heights Golf Club
- At Hinksey Heightsyou will find an 18 hole Championship Course, The Spires Course (9 hole course) and The Par 3 Course (9 hole course). The 18 hole Championship Course can be described as 'an inland links course' with the most remarkable views of Oxford's dreaming spires.