Khao Lak, in Phang Nga province near Phuket, is a hidden paradise of sun, sea and sand, as well as lush tropical greenery, granite mountains and stunning waterfalls. More low-key than Phuket, it's great place for couples looking to relax or explore the surrounding national parks.
Colourful temples, bustling markets, idyllic islands, challenging golf courses - whatever it is you're after, there is a good chance you will find it in this beautiful corner of Thailand.
Khaolak Oriental Resort is just a 5 minute walk from the beach and a 10 minute walk to Khaolak Centre where you'll find plenty of shops and restaurants.Some local highlights include:Chong Fah Waterfall
- A five-tier waterfall in Lumru National Park.Khao Lak Lam Ru National Park
- Set in the shore area near the sea covering the rock beach ecological system.Similan National Park
- One of the most famous diving sites in Thailand.Wat Khrom Me Nee Ya Khet
- One of Thailand's famous Buddhist temples.Cheow Lan Lake and Rachaphrapha Dam
- Superb views over the lake to the limestone ridges.