Occupying a prime position on Khuk Khak beach, the JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa is set in beautifully landscaped grounds and is one of the finest hotels in Khao Lak.
Khao Lak, in Phang Nga province near Phuket, is a hidden paradise of sun, sea and sand, as well as lush tropical greenery, granite mountains and stunning waterfalls.
Colourful temples, bustling markets, idyllic islands, challenging golf courses - whatever it is you're after, there is a good chance you will find it in this beautiful corner of Thailand.
Some of the highlights of the local area include:Chong Fah Waterfall
- A five-tier waterfall in Lumru National Park.Khao Lak Lam Ru National Park
- Set in the shore area near the sea covering the rock beach ecological system.Similan National Park
- One of the most famous diving sites in Thailand.Evening Market at Ban Niang
- Outdoor market sells food and clothes Wednesday and Saturdays.Khao Lak Elephant Camp
- Enjoy elephant trekking, shows and rides.Sairung Waterfall
- Has a strong current that cascades from a huge high cliff.Wat Khrom Me Nee Ya Khet
- One of Thailand's famous Buddhist temples.Takuapa and Old Town
- Sino-Portuguese architecture with a typical local market, best in the early mornings.
Cheow Lan Lake and Rachaphrapha Dam
- Superb views over the lake to the limestone ridges. Boat trips available