Set in isolated splendour on the South West coast of the island, The Residence Zanzibar lies on a mile-long powdery white sand beach, flanked by coconut palm trees and the warm waters of the Indian Ocean. The village of Kizimkazi, famous for its dolphin safaris, is just 20 minutes away. Island capital Stone Town is 55 minutes away.
Explore the resort's sprawling gardens on foot or by bicycle, and discover the delightful petting zoo and bird sanctuary nestled within. Beyond the resort, you can go on safari, explore nearby islands, follow the Zanzibar spice trail or get up close to giant tortoises and the indigenous Red Colobus Monkey – just a few of the endless things to see and do.Excursions
• Stone Town is home to bustling markets, winding alleyways and ornately carved and studded doors. It is the vibrant cultural heart of Zanzibar and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• The Jozani Natural Forest Reserve is home to the rare Red Colobus Monkey, unique to Zanzibar.
• Spice plantations where visitors can discover the history of Zanzibar based on the trade of cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper and many other spices.
• Prison Island, which is fringed with a beautiful coral reef ideal for those who like snorkelling. It is home to giant tortoises.
• Ruins of Persian baths and Omani palaces