Day 4: Kandy - Pinnawala - Kandy
After breakfast proceed to visit Millennium Elephant Foundation (Approx Transfer time from Kandy to Pinnawala: 1 - 1½ HRS)Elephant walk experience program at Millennium Elephant Foundation
Millennium Elephant Foundation was founded in 1999 as a charity in Sri Lanka for captive elephants. Millennium Elephant Foundation has always offered people the chance to interact with elephants in a safe and responsible way for both the person and elephant, whilst learning about the plight of Asian Elephants.
- Personalized educated guide for your whole tour
- Approx. 40 minutes walking with an elephant around the grounds watching and observing the way elephant behavior whilst learning about Sri Lankan elephants.
- Bathing the same elephant in the river, which will be a personal experience.
- Optional shower whilst standing next to elephant.
- Free entrance and tour of Maximus Elephant Dung Paper Factory.
On completion proceed to Kandy. (Approx Transfer time from Pinnawala to Kandy: 1 - 1½ HRS)
In the late afternoon, make a visit to The Temple of tooth Relic. It is located in the royal palace complex which houses the Relic of the tooth of Buddha. After that, witness a Cultural Dance performance in the evening. These classical dance forms are associated with the performance of various rituals and ceremonies which are centuries old and are based on the folk religion and folk beliefs going back to times before the advent and acceptance of Buddhism by the Sinhalese people in the third century B.C.
On Completion, return to your hotel and spend the rest of the day at leisure, enjoying the hotel amenities.Overnight stay at Grand Kandyan Hotel or Similar