Verona is steeped in Roman history, a mecca for Shakespeare lovers and home of famous wine and extraordinary food. Due to its Shakespearean connection with Romeo and Juliet, it has become a true city of romance, though less tourist-driven and with a more relaxed feel than its neighbour, Venice.
• The Arena Amphitheatre – One of the most beautiful venues used for lyric opera and concerts
• The exclusive and elegant shopping in the heart of the city (Via Mazzini, Corso Porta Borsari)
• Torre dei Lamberti – The oldest municipal building of Italy (1193)
• Medieval Castle – Considered one of the most important in Europe (Castelvecchio)
• Piazza Bra, Piazza delle Erbe & Piazza dei Signori – Famous & beautiful squares