Just a few miles away from the hotel there are two main cities to be visited: Pescara and Chieti.
For History and Culture lovers
- In a panoramic position, dominating the valley underneath, there is Chieti, a town of very old origin. It is a city of culture but at the same time busy and lively: narrow lanes, amazing corners, archaeological sites of a glorious past match with modernity, progress and emancipation.For sun seekers & beach lovers
- Located at the mouth of the river with the same name , the city of Pescara is the capital city of the province where the famous poet Gabriele D’Annunzio was born. A modern, lively city characterized by the presence of many tourists, Pescara is nowadays a well equipped beach resort.For the foodies
- Trabocchi Coast - The Trabocchi coast corresponds to that part of the Adriatic stretch of the province of Chieti which is named after the presence of several Trabocchi : picturesque old fishing machines made from wood and built on piles , scattered along the coast. It is a very famous stretch of coast in Italy thank to its natural beauty and heterogeneity: each village on the coast keeps its own features and traditions.
Nowadays, most of these Trabocchi have been turned into real restaurants where dinner- menus based on sea-food tradition, tastes and flavours from Abruzzo and from this typical part of the coast can be organized.You will discover and taste delicious meals like the “scapece”, the “brodetto” and the “paranza” fried fish. For Nature Lovers
- Majella National Park - The Majella National Park is a unique place in Italy for discovering the nature and the bio-diversity of our Peninsula: here the Marsican bears , the wolves, the chamois , the deer and the roe are still to be admired in their free wild habitat.
The National Park of Gran Sasso and Laga Mountains can be visited following the several wandering paths on foot, by bike and horse-riding in order to discover incredible and amazing cultural and natural treasures of one of the largest protected areas in Europe. Here too, deer, wolves and the very rare royal eagles might be watched.For the Wine lovers
- Cellars - The wine from Abruzzo is famous in Italy and all over the world for the production of the excellent Montepulciano d’Abruzzo. Other typical wines of the Region are the Trebbiano and the Cerasuolo d’Abruzzo. Marramiero, Masciarelli, Pasetti, Valentini, Zaccagnini, are just some of the names of the most worldwide famous wine producers from Abruzzo. Guided tours with wine tasting included, can be organized for guests all year long as well as tailor-made three days tours dedicated to the visit and wine tasting of Abruzzo to have the opportunity to better approach different wine locations observing various activities linked to the season such as olive picking and grapes harvesting.