This offer includes 7 days car rental which includes Collision Damage Waiver, unlimited mileage and all local taxes. The car included is based on Group A and features air-conditioning. Please see the below general car hire conditions.
General Car Hire Conditions
The following conditions commonly apply to most car rental companies in Greece, but may vary slightly from island to island and are for guidance only.
• A small charge to cover extra insurance (around 4 euros per day) is usually made for additional drivers and payable locally. In most areas only one additional driver is allowed.
• Drivers should be at least 23 years of age (21 on some islands, please ask us) for Groups A, B and C, 25 years of age for other Groups, and have held a full UK or EU driving licence for 12 months. On some islands an extra insurance payment may be required for older drivers (70+). Non-EU citizens will require an international driving licence. All drivers should be entered individually on the contract to be completed when picking up the car – you will need passport, driving licence, GIC – The Villa Collection voucher and a credit card.
• Automatic cars are on request.
• Unless otherwise stated in the relevant car hire panel, Collision Damage Waiver Insurance has an excess payable – typically the first 300 - 600 Euros of any damage for Groups A, B "&" C. The excess can vary and is more for higher category cars and jeeps. We advise you check the excess levels which will apply to you with the car hire company locally. Some companies offer an additional insurance (super-CDW or FDW – Full Damage Waiver) payable locally to cover this excess – please enquire on delivery of the car. It may be better value to pre-purchase this – see www.insurance4carhire.com. Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) will be offered locally but is not necessary if you have GIC – The Villa Collection’s travel insurance or similar.
• Damage to the tyres, engine or underside of the car is not normally covered by insurance in Greece, although on some islands you can insure locally for this. A credit card imprint (or cash deposit of c. 500 Euros) will be required on delivery of the car, returnable at the end of the hire period if the car is delivered back with no damage to the above. This imprint or deposit also covers any petrol and refuelling charges, traffic or parking fines and CDW excess charge.
• Child seats and roof racks are available on request at a charge of around 4 euros per day payable locally and should be requested at the time of booking your holiday. It may be necessary to fit the child seat yourself. Please note that roof racks are on request only and not available on all islands, and that child seats are generally available for infants and small children only. The law in Greece does not make them compulsory for older children, and they may not be of BSS specification.
• For villas with car hire included, clients should note that luggage space is limited. Excess luggage may have to be transported by taxi, the cost of which would be payable by the client locally. If this is a concern we recommend upgrading to a larger car.
• If you want to upgrade a car, which is included in the holiday cost, please contact us for a quote as the upgrade cost may not tally with the difference in Group prices as shown here.
• The contract you sign on delivery of the car is between you and the car hire company. You should therefore read this and inspect the car and tyres before driving. The companies we use are all reputable firms who have been operating for many years.
• Refunds for unused car hire, including cars returned early, are at the discretion of the car hire company and should be agreed with them before returning to the UK.